Monday, April 6, 2009
When wedding crafting is over...
a girl's gotta bake. Don't believe for a second I was trying to be a good wife, baking for my husband. If that were true, I would have stolen the Colonel's Original recipe and made some fried chicken. Truth is, I've really been wanting to make a rainbow cake and with the recent good news in Iowa, I figured now is the perfect time! I tried out the new gel food coloring - it works but it prob dyes your insides after you eat it. So here's one cake before baking...
Cooled and frosted with cream cheese frosting...
Check out the inside dude!
Turned out pretty good, but not perfect. Next time I'll need to use more purple, blue & green batter. I'm not usually worried about how my baking looks...mostly cuz I want to just eat it. Check out my sister's blog, Lucky C's Sweets, for some CRAZY good looking (and tasting) baked goodies.
For now, I'm gonna work on stepping away from this cake....Stay tuned for more wedding recaps!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What do you mean not perfect! I think it is in every way, I love it and I love Iowa. Your sister's site is so awesome. She has mad baking skills!
ReplyDelete